I am often asked by clients and prospects the following:
“I am not doing very well in my current trading – any ideas you can share?”
While the answer will vary from one individual to another based on their experience, risk capital, personality and much more, here are a few common themes one can explore and try to educate oneself:
- Try a different market. Many will trade the NQ and ES but perhaps trading markets like bonds, gold and crude oil will fit your situation better?
- Try using different time frames. Most common is use higher time frames and less leverage
- Get confidence using MICROS. Practice and confidence are extremely important. After a while demo lacks the main Ingredients: fear and greed. Trading live using MICROS can be a worthy extra step.
- Have you looked at using options for short term trading rather than futures?
- Have you explored trading futures alongside options and using the options as risk management?
- What about future spreads?
- Option Spreads?
The bottom line is that trading futures is a tough task but there are many different ways to try and get an edge. Not all ways will fit all traders. Learn, explore and try to find your niche.
Trading Futures, Options on Futures, and retail off-exchange foreign currency transactions involves substantial risk of loss and is not suitable for all investors. You should carefully consider whether trading is suitable for you in light of your circumstances, knowledge, and financial resources. You may lose all or more of your initial investment. Opinions, market data, and recommendations are subject to change at any time when it comes to Futures Trading.
Futures Trading Levels
Economic Reports, Source:
This is not a solicitation of any order to buy or sell, but a current market view provided by Cannon Trading Inc. Any statement of facts here in contained are derived from sources believed to be reliable, but are not guaranteed as to accuracy, nor they purport to be complete. No responsibility is assumed with respect to any such statement or with respect to any expression of opinion herein contained. Readers are urged to exercise their own judgement in trading.