Daily Support & Resistance and Economic Data to be Released, October 12th 2010
Posted By:- Ilan Levy-Mayer Vice President, Cannon Trading Futures Blog
|Daily Support & Résistance Levels||Mini-S&P 500 Futures
|Mini-Nasdaq 100 Futures
|Mini Russell 2000 Futures
|30-year US Bond Futures
|10-Year US Note
Futures Dec. 10
|Daily Support & Resistance Levels
|Crude Oil Futures
Updated: 12-Oct-10 7:59 ET
This Week’s Calendar
Click on a “Release” for Insight
|Date||ET||Release||For||Actual Briefing.com||Consensus||Prior||Revised From|
|Oct 12||14:00||Minutes of FOMC Meeting||9/21|
|Oct 13||07:00||MBA Mortgage Applications||10/08||NA||NA||-0.2%|
|Oct 13||08:30||Export Prices ex-ag.||Sep||NA||NA||0.5%|
|Oct 13||08:30||Import Prices ex-oil||Sep||NA||NA||0.3%|
|Oct 13||10:30||Crude Inventories||10/09||NA||NA||3.09M|
|Oct 13||14:00||Treasury Budget||Sep||-$32.0B||-$33.5B||-$46.6B|
|Oct 14||08:30||Initial Claims||10/09||450K||450K||445K|
|Oct 14||08:30||Continuing Claims||10/02||4450K||4450K||4462K|
|Oct 14||08:30||Core PPI||Sep||0.1%||0.1%||0.1%|
|Oct 14||08:30||Trade Balance||Aug||-$40.0B||-$44.5B||-$42.8B|
|Oct 15||08:30||Core CPI||Sep||0.1%||0.1%||0.1%|
|Oct 15||08:30||Retail Sales||Sep||0.2%||0.4%||0.4%|
|Oct 15||08:30||Retail Sales ex-auto||Sep||0.1%||0.4%||0.6%|
|Oct 15||08:30||NY Fed – Empire Manufacturing Survey||Oct||3.0%||5.75||4.10|
|Oct 15||09:55||Mich Sentiment||Oct||67.0||68.5||68.2|
|Oct 15||10:00||Business Inventories||Aug||0.4%||0.5%||1.0%|
- NFIB Small Business Optimism Index
7:30 AM ET
- ICSC-Goldman Store Sales
7:45 AM ET
8:55 AM ET
- 4-Week Bill Announcement
11:00 AM ET
- 3-Month Bill Auction
11:30 AM ET
- 6-Month Bill Auction
11:30 AM ET
- Thomas Hoenig Speaks
11:45 AM ET
- 3-Yr Note Auction
1:00 PM ET
- FOMC Minutes
2:00 PM ET
- SEE FULL LIST HERE
12. OCT. 2010 – Today´s Highlighted Splits
|SYMBOL||COMPANY||EVENT TITLE||EPS ESTIMATE||EPS ACTUAL||PREV. YEAR ACTIVITY||DATE/TIME (ET)|
|INTC||Intel Corporation||Q3 2010 Intel Corporation Earnings Release||$ 0.50||n/a||$ 0.33||12-Oct|
|CSX||CSX Corporation||Q3 2010 CSX Corporation Earnings Release||$ 1.04||n/a||$ 0.74||12-Oct AMC|
|FAST||Fastenal||Q3 2010 Fastenal Earnings Release & September 2010 Sales Release||$ 0.50||n/a||$ 0.32||12-Oct BMO|
|VOXX||Audiovox Corporation||Q2 2011 Audiovox Corporation Earnings Release||$ 0.00||n/a||$ 0.04||12-Oct AMC|
|DIET||eDiets.com, Inc.||Preliminary Q3 2010 eDiets.com, Inc. Earnings Release||n/a||n/a||n/a||12-Oct BMO|
|AIP.L||AIR PARTNER||Preliminary 2010 AIR PARTNER Earnings Release||n/a||n/a||n/a||12-Oct BMO|
Important Please Note:
Trading commodity futures and options involves substantial risk of loss. The recommendations contained in this letter is of opinion only and does not guarantee any profits.. These are risky markets and only risk capital should be used. Past performances are not necessarily indicative of future results. Readers are urged to exercise their own judgment in trading!
HYPOTHETICAL PERFORMANCE RESULTS HAVE MANY INHERENT LIMITATIONS, SOME OF WHICH ARE DESCRIBED BELOW. NO REPRESENTATION IS BEING MADE THAT ANY ACCOUNT WILL OR IS LIKELY TO ACHIEVE PROFITS OR LOSSES SIMILAR TO THOSE SHOWN. IN FACT, THERE ARE FREQUENTLY SHARP DIFFERENCES BETWEEN HYPOTHETICAL PERFORMANCE RESULTS AND THE ACTUAL RESULTS SUBSEQUENTLY ACHIEVED BY ANY PARTICULAR TRADING PROGRAM. ONE OF THE LIMITATIONS OF HYPOTHETICAL PERFORMANCE RESULTS IS THAT THEY ARE GENERALLY PREPARED WITH THE BENEFIT OF HINDSIGHT.
IN ADDITION, HYPOTHETICAL TRADING DOES NO INVOLVE FINACIAL RISK, AND NO HYPOTHETICAL TRADING RECORD CAN COMPLETLEY ACCOUNT FOR THE IMPACT OF FINANCIAL RISK IN ACTUAL TRADING. FOR EXAMPLE, THE ABILITY TO WITHSTAND LOSSES OR TO ADHERE TO A PARTICULAR TRADING PROGRAM IN SPITE OF TRADING LOSSES ARE MATERIAL POINTS WHICH CAN ALSO ADVERSELY AFFECT ACTUAL TRADING RESULTS. THERE ARE NUMEROUS OTHER FACTORS RELATED TO THE MARKETS IN GENERAL OR TO THE IMPLEMENTATION OF ANY SPECIFIC TRADING PROGRAM WHICH CANNOT BE FULLY ACCONTED FOR IN THE PREPARATION OF HYPOTHETICAL PERFORMANCE RESULTS AND ALL OF WHICH CAN ADVERSELY AFFECT ACTUAL TRADING RESULTS.
Please read the FULL DISCLAIMER at the the end of this message. These are risky markets and it is important that you will be aware of all risks of trading futures and limitations of hypothetical trading.
1. Obviously in less liquid markets, fills from market orders may vary, but the stops should not be altered.
2. Final calculations do not include slippage.
3. The NFA requires us to state and I fully agree that “HYPOTHETICAL OR SIMULATED PERFORMANCE RESULTS HAVE CERTAIN INHERENT LIMITATIONS. UNLIKE AN ACTUAL PERFORMANCE RECORD, SIMULATED RESULTS DO NOT REPRESENT ACTUAL TRADING. ALSO, SINCE THE TRADES HAVE NOT ACTUALLY BEEN EXECUTED, THE RESULTS MAY HAVE UNDER-OR-OVER COMPENSATED FOR THE IMPACT, IF ANY, OF CERTAIN MARKET FACTORS, SUCH AS LACK OF LIQUIDITY. SIMULATED TRADING PROGRAMS IN GENERAL ARE ALSO SUBJECT TO THE FACT THAT THEY ARE DESIGNED WITH THE BENEFIT OF HINDSIGHT. NO REPRESENTATION IS BEING MADE THAT ANY ACCOUNT WILL OR IS LIKELY TO ACHIEVE PROFITS OF LOSSES SIMILAR TO THOSE SHOWN.”
4. These are NOT trading recommendations unless we discuss it together. They are intended only as potential trade ideas based on the market’s own performance in the past, but past performance is not necessarily indicative of future results. Futures trading involves substantial risk of loss.
5. For prospects who are not trading through me, you are receiving this as my way of trying to gain your business. Sooner or later I will reserve this service for CLIENTS ONLY. Also keep in mind, that only clients get the intraday alerts when and if they occur.
6. Each one of you is different. You have different risk tolerance, different account size and different trading experience. Unless we speak on a one on one basis, I recommend treating this e-mail as trade ideas only.