Posted By: Ilan Levy-Mayer Vice President, Cannon Trading Futures Blog
Voted #1 Blog and #1 Brokerage Services on TraderPlanet for 2016!!
* Big day tomorrow.
We have FOMC, crude oil numbers, Housing numbers, CPI……..Little note about trading on FOMC below:
** The FOMC interest rate decision is due at 2:15 ET in the US tomorrow.
FOMC days have different characteristics than other trading days. If you have traded for a while, check your trading notes from past FOMC days that may help you prepare for tomorrow.
if you are a newcomer, take a more conservative approach and make sure you understand that the news can really move the market.
The following are suggestions on trading during FOMC days:
- Reduce trading size
- Be extra picky = no trade is better than a bad trade
- Choose entry points wisely. Look at longer time frame support and resistance for entry. Take the approach of entering at points where you normally would have placed protective stops. Example, trader x looking to go long the mini SP at 2365.00 with a stop at 2359.00, instead “stretch the price bands” due to volatility and place an entry order to buy at 2359.75 and place a stop a few points below in this hypothetical example.
- Expect the higher volatility during and right after the announcement
- Expect to see some “vacuum” ( low volume, big zigzags) right before the number.
- Consider using automated stops and limits attached to your entry order as the market can move very fast at times.
- Know what the market was expecting, learn what came out and observe market reaction for clues
- Be patient and be disciplined
Trading Futures, Options on Futures, and retail off-exchange foreign currency transactions involves substantial risk of loss and is not suitable for all investors. You should carefully consider whether trading is suitable for you in light of your circumstances, knowledge, and financial resources. You may lose all or more of your initial investment. Opinions, market data, and recommendations are subject to change at any time.
If you like Our Futures Trading Daily Support and Resistance Levels, Please share!
Levels for Trade Date of 03.15.2017
|Contract June 2017||SP500||Nasdaq100||Dow Jones||Mini Russell||Dollar Index|
|Contract||Apr. Gold||May Silver||April Crude Oil||June Bonds||June Euro|
|Resistance 3||1215.6||17.21||50.50||147 28/32||1.0755|
|Resistance 2||1211.5||17.14||49.65||147 15/32||1.0733|
|Resistance 1||1205.0||17.02||48.80||147 3/32||1.0693|
|Support 1||1194.4||16.83||47.10||146 10/32||1.0631|
|Support 2||1190.3||16.76||46.25||145 29/32||1.0609|
|Support 3||1183.8||16.64||45.40||145 17/32||1.0569|
|Contract||May Corn||May Wheat||May Beans||May SoyMeal||April Nat Gas|
French Final CPI m/m
Italian Retail Sales m/m
Average Earnings Index 3m/y
Claimant Count Change
Employment Change q/q
German 30-y Bond Auction
Core CPI m/m
Core Retail Sales m/m
Retail Sales m/m
Empire State Manufacturing Index
Business Inventories m/m
NAHB Housing Market Index
Crude Oil Inventories
FOMC Economic Projections
Federal Funds Rate
FOMC Press Conference
TIC Long-Term Purchases
This is not a solicitation of any order to buy or sell, but a current market view provided by Cannon Trading Inc. Any statement of facts here in contained are derived from sources believed to be reliable, but are not guaranteed as to accuracy, nor they purport to be complete. No responsibility is assumed with respect to any such statement or with respect to any expression of opinion herein contained. Readers are urged to exercise their own judgement in trading.