Natural Gas Futures Trading - Get current Natural Gas futures prices, quotes, charts, breaking Natural Gas futures news and futures contract specifications.
Newsfeed temporarily unavailable.
Disclaimer: This material is of opinion only and does not guarantee any profits. These are risky markets and only risk capital should be used. Past performances are not necessarily indicative of future results.
|Contract Size||10,000 million British thermal units (mmBtu). A delivery tolerance of two percent (2%) above or below the contract unit is permitted.|
|Price Quotation||U.S. Dollars and Cents per mmBtu|
|Venue||CME Globex, CME ClearPort, Open Outcry (New York)|
|CME Globex Hours (EST)||Sunday - Friday 6:00 p.m. - 5:15 p.m. New York time/ET (5:00 p.m. - 4:15 p.m. Chicago Time/CT) with a 45-minute break each day beginning at 5:15 p.m. (4:15 p.m. CT)|
|CME ClearPort Hours (EST)||Sunday - Friday 6:00 p.m. - 5:15 p.m. (5:00 p.m. - 4:15 p.m. Chicago Time/CT) with a 45-minute break each day beginning at 5:15 p.m. (4:15 p.m. CT)|
|Open Outcry Hours (EST)||Monday - Friday 9:00 AM to 2:30 PM (8:00 AM to 1:30 PM CT)|
|Minimum Fluctuation||$0.001 (0.1¢) per mmBtu|
|Maximum Daily Price Fluctuation||
(A) Initial Price Fluctuation Limits for All Contract Months. At the commencement of each tradingday, there shall be price fluctuation limits in effect for each contract month of this futures contract of $3.00 per MMBtu above or below the previous day's settlement price for such contract month.
(B)(1) Triggering Event and Temporary Trading Halt Related to Trading on Globex®. If a market for any of the first three (3) contract months is bid or offered at the upper or lower price fluctuation limit, as applicable, on Globex it will be considered a Triggering Event which will halt trading for a five (5) minute period in all contract months of the NG futures contract, as well as all contract months in all products cited in the Associated Product Appendix of this rule. Trading in any option related to this contract or in an option contract related to any products cited in the Associated Product Appendix which may be available for trading on either Globex or on the Trading Floor shall additionally be subject to a coordinated trading halt.
(2) Expansion of Limits Following Temporary Trading Halt. Following the end of the 5-minute Temporary Trading Halt, the affected markets shall re-open simultaneously in all contract months of these futures contracts. When trading resumes, price fluctuation limits for each contract month shall be expanded an additional increment of the price fluctuation limits, above and below the previous day's settlement price for each contract month in the affected contracts on Globex and on the trading floor (as applicable).
(3) Each instance in which a Triggering Event occurs, a Temporary Trading Halt will commence as provided by Sub-Sections (1)-(2) above and the price fluctuation limits for all contract months shall be expanded by an additional increment of the price fluctuation limits for NG as well as all products cited in the Associated Products Appendix in this rule.
(4) End of Day Lifting of Price Fluctuation Limits. On any Exchange business day, regardless of any prior action concerning price fluctuation limits during the trading session, commencing sixty (60) minutes before the close of the Regular Trading Hours (RTH) session, there shall be no price fluctuation limits on any contract month in NG and all products cited in the Associated Products Appendix of this rule. The Price Fluctuation Limits shall be reinstated after the close of RTH for trading on Globex and shall be in effect through to the conclusion of the current trading day's Globex trading session.
(C) Price Fluctuation Limits on the Trading Floor (Floor Trading)
(1) The price fluctuation limits cited in section (A) of this rule shall be applicable on the Trading Floor (Floor Trading). However, all markets on the trading floor shall be limited to trading at these price levels (locked limit) and shall not constitute a Triggering Event for purposes of a Temporary Trading Halt on Globex.
(2) In all instances when a Triggering Event in NG occurs on Globex, Floor Trading in NG and any products cited in the Associated Products Appendix of this rule shall immediately halt. Additionally, trading in any option related to this contract or in an option contract related to any products cited in the Associated Product Appendix shall be subject to a coordinated trading halt.
(3) Whenever Globex markets are expanded and re-opened pursuant to the provisions of Section
(B) of this rule, effected markets on the Trading Floor shall re-open with the expanded limits in place.
(D) Associated Products Appendix, QG MiNY Natural Gas, NP Henry Hub Natural Gas Penultimate Financial Futures, HH Henry Hub Natural Gas Look-Alike Last Day Financial Futures, NN Henry Hub Natural Gas Last Day Financial Futures
|Termination of Trading||
Trading of any delivery month shall cease three (3) business days prior to the first day of the delivery month. In the event that the official Exchange holiday schedule changes subsequent to the listing of a Henry Hub Natural Gas future, the originally listed expiration date shall remain in effect.
In the event that the originally listed expiration day is declared a holiday, expiration will move to the business day immediately prior.
|Listed Contracts||RBOB futures are listed for 36 consecutive months|
(A) Delivery shall be F.O.B. the Buyer's interconnection point at the Henry Hub. Delivery shall be made in accordance with all applicable Federal executive orders and all applicable Federal, State and Local laws and regulations. Delivery shall have occurred when product passes through the buyer's interconnection point, at such time the buyer shall bear the risk of loss.
The seller shall provide natural gas which is free from all liens, encumbrances, unpaid taxes, fees and other charges.
(B) All deliveries made in accordance with these rules shall be final and there shall be no appeal.
(1) Delivery shall take place no earlier than the first calendar day of the delivery month and shall be completed no later than the last calendar day of the delivery month.
(2) All deliveries shall be at as uniform an hourly and daily rate of flow over the course of the delivery month as is possible under the operating procedures and conditions of the transporting pipelines. Deliveries shall be subject to the transporting pipelines' variation in daily flow rate and balancing of receipts and deliveries of the transporting pipelines.
(3) The seller shall give the buyer, on request, within one business day, copies of Henry Hub transportation confirmations and invoices issued by Sabine Pipe Line Co. which are related to a standard delivery involving both parties.
(4) The seller shall give the buyer all appropriate documents to transfer title of product upon receipt of payment.
|Grade and Quality Specifications||
Natural Gas meeting the specifications set forth in the FERC-approved tariff of Sabine Pipe Line Company as then in effect at the time of delivery shall be deliverable in satisfaction of futures contract delivery obligations.
|Exchange Rule||These contracts are listed with, and subject to, the rules and regulations of NYMEX.|