Posted By: Ilan Levy-Mayer Vice President, Cannon Trading Futures Blog
Voted #1 Blog and #1 Brokerage Services on TraderPlanet for 2016!!
$100 day-trading margins
Live, real-time charts
Have you been following the markets for a while now? Not able to make the switch from demo to live trading?
Well now with the MICROS contracts
being 1/10 the size of the mini indices, you can start trading a LIVE account with as little as $750** using the smaller MICROS.
The MICRO e-minis have now been around for approx. 6 months. Good volume overall!
Here are some thoughts ( my personal thoughts….):
· The MICROS are a good tool for perhaps hedging a trade you are in. Example, you are short ES, market going against you but you dont want to get stopped or get out, you buy x number of contracts to hedge x% of your current position.
· MICROS may be a good start for newcomers and smaller accounts.
· MICROS can be a nice transition from trading a demo account and before moving on to the standard size.
· MICROS may provide more flexibility for traders who like to average up and down…..
· Last but not least, the MICROS could be a good way to initiate longer term positions with lower leverage.
Either way, the MICROS have a few good things to offer as well as some pointers to understand, read more…..
· Other futures contracts are available based on account size and margin requirements.
· Offer is for new accounts only.
· Existing clients, please contact your current broker
to make sure MICROS are set up properly in your current account.
*Exchange fees are $0.20 per side. NFA fees are $0.02 per side. Platform fees will vary but can start from $0.1 per side.
** While the MICROS are a smaller contract, there is still large degree of risk in trading futures and futures trading is not suitable for everyone. Read disclaimer here
and feel free to reach out and speak to a licensed broker
at + 310 859 9572
Trading Futures, Options on Futures, and retail off-exchange foreign currency transactions involves substantial risk of loss and is not suitable for all investors. You should carefully consider whether trading is suitable for you in light of your circumstances, knowledge, and financial resources. You may lose all or more of your initial investment. Opinions, market data, and recommendations are subject to change at any time when it comes to Futures Trading.
Futures Trading Levels
Economic Reports, source:
This is not a solicitation of any order to buy or sell, but a current market view provided by Cannon Trading Inc. Any statement of facts here in contained are derived from sources believed to be reliable, but are not guaranteed as to accuracy, nor they purport to be complete. No responsibility is assumed with respect to any such statement or with respect to any expression of opinion herein contained. Readers are urged to exercise their own judgement in trading.
Posted in: Future Trading News