CPI Pre Market tomorrow morning + Futures Trading Levels 2.13.2024
Posted By:- Ilan Levy-Mayer Vice President, Cannon Trading Futures Blog
CPI Pre Market tomorrow morning 7:30 A.M. CST
Some clearing firms are increasing the day trade margin requirements, prior to and immediately following the release.
The market exhibits serious, sharp moves during some of these events, especially if the number falls outside the expectations of the market.
- The Consumer Price Index likely rose 2.9% over the year ending January, the slowest year-over-year inflation since March 2021, forecasters predict.
- Policymakers at the Federal Reserve are watching inflation data closely to determine how soon, and how quickly, to cut the Fed’s key interest rate.
- The CPI, a widely-watched gauge of inflation compiled by the Bureau of Labor Statistics, likely rose 2.9% over 12 months ending January, the lowest in nearly three years, according to a survey of economists by Dow Jones Newswires and the Wall Street Journal.
- Forecasters are anticipating January’s report to more than wipe out an unwelcome uptick in December.
- This and other inflation data over the next few months could be key in determining how soon, and how quickly, the Federal Reserve will cut its benchmark interest rate.
Daily Levels for February 13th, 2024
Improve Your Trading Skills
Get access to proprietary indicators and trading methods, consult with an experienced broker at 1-800-454-9572.
Explore trading methods. Register Here
* This is not a solicitation of any order to buy or sell, but a current market view provided by Cannon Trading Inc. Any statement of facts here in contained are derived from sources believed to be reliable, but are not guaranteed as to accuracy, nor they purport to be complete. No responsibility is assumed with respect to any such statement or with respect to any expression of opinion herein contained. Readers are urged to exercise their own judgement in trading.