Posted By: Ilan Levy-Mayer Vice President, Cannon Trading Futures Blog
1. Market Commentary
2. Futures Support and Resistance Levels – S&P, Nasdaq, Dow Jones, Russell 2000, Dollar Index
3. Commodities Support and Resistance Levels – Gold, Euro, Crude Oil, T-Bonds
4. Commodities Support and Resistance Levels – Corn, Wheat, Beans, Silver
5. Futures Economic Reports for Wednesday June 18, 2014
For 2014 I would like to wish all of you discipline and patience in your trading!
FRONT MONTH for stock index futures and currencies is now SEPTEMBER.
A quick analysis I did for investing.com about crude oil futures at:
The FOMC interest rate decision is due at 14:00 ET in the US tomorrow ( Wednesday, June 18th ).
FOMC days have different characteristics than other trading days. If you have traded for a while, check your trading notes from past FOMC days that may help you prepare for tomorrow.
if you are a newcomer, take a more conservative approach and make sure you understand that the news can really move the market.
The following are suggestions on trading during FOMC days:
- Reduce trading size
- Be extra picky = no trade is better than a bad trade
- Choose entry points wisely. Look at longer time frame support and resistance for entry. Take the approach of entering at points where you normally would have placed protective stops. Example, trader x looking to go long the mini SP at 1925.00 with a stop at 1919.00, instead “stretch the price bands” due to volatility and place an entry order to buy at 1919.75 and place a stop a few points below in this hypothetical example.
- Expect the higher volatility during and right after the announcement
- Expect to see some “vacuum” ( low volume, big zigzags) right before the number.
- Consider using automated stops and limits attached to your entry order as the market can move very fast at times.
- Know what the market was expecting, learn what came out and observe market reaction for clues
- This is another great example why a trading journal would be an asset, as you can go back and check your notes from previous FOMC days.
- Be patient and be disciplined
If you like the information we share? We would appreciate your positive reviews on our new yelp!!
Trading Futures, Options on Futures, and retail off-exchange foreign currency transactions involves substantial risk of loss and is not suitable for all investors. You should carefully consider whether trading is suitable for you in light of your circumstances, knowledge, and financial resources. You may lose all or more of your initial investment. Opinions, market data, and recommendations are subject to change at any time.
If you like Our Futures Trading Daily Support and Resistance Levels, Please share!
|Contract Sept. 2014||SP500 (big & Mini)||Nasdaq100 (big & Mini)||Dow Jones (big & Mini)||Mini Russell||Dollar Index|
|Contract||August Gold||July Silver||July Crude Oil||September Bonds||Sept. Euro|
|Resistance 3||1292.2||2011.8||108.09||136 30/32||1.3633|
|Resistance 2||1282.8||1992.7||107.63||136 17/32||1.3613|
|Resistance 1||1276.7||1981.8||106.92||135 27/32||1.3581|
|Support 1||1261.2||1951.8||105.75||134 24/32||1.3529|
|Support 2||1251.8||1932.7||105.29||134 11/32||1.3509|
|Support 3||1245.7||1921.8||104.58||133 21/32||1.3477|
|Contract||July Corn||July Wheat||July Beans||July SoyMeal||July bean Oil|
|WedJun 18||Tentative||EUR||German 10-y Bond Auction||1.41|1.1|
|10:30am||USD||Crude Oil Inventories||-0.6M||-2.6M|
|2:00pm||USD||FOMC Economic Projections|
|USD||Federal Funds Rate||<0.25%||<0.25%|
|2:30pm||USD||FOMC Press Conference|
This is not a solicitation of any order to buy or sell, but a current market view provided by Cannon Trading Inc. Any statement of facts here in contained are derived from sources believed to be reliable, but are not guaranteed as to accuracy, nor they purport to be complete. No responsibility is assumed with respect to any such statement or with respect to any expression of opinion herein contained. Readers are urged to exercise their own judgment in trading.