Trading Video on Using Counter trend Set Ups for Day Trading -what I call simpler approach to day trading futures. Daily chart of the soybeans market along with outlook provided by Matt Kang, Korean Speaking broker.
1. Trading Video: How I like to day-trade futures using either counter trend or trend following concepts ( or what I call simpler approach to day trading)
In this 25 minutes video you will learn the following:
1. Possible advantages of using range bar charts over time charts for day trading
2. Trade set ups using counter trend indicators
3. Trade set ups using trend following indicators
4. The concept of price confirmation
5. Tips and insights from Ilan's observations of different markets
6. You will be able to install the indicators/concepts mentioned and practice right away with your own demo!
View Video Instantly "simple approach to Day Trading"
Cannon Trading respects your privacy and will never give this information to a 3rd party.
2. Hot Market Report: Soybeans Futures Pushing Higher?
By Matt Kang, Senior Broker
Click on image below to enlarge
This week’s highlighted Market is soybeans. Soybeans futures are part of the GRAINS family which includes 4 types of Wheat, Corn, Soymeal, Oats, Rough Rice and Bean Oil. All traded on the CBOT/GLOBEX exchange.
Daily chart from this morning, (Oct 4th 2019).
A bullish quarterly grain stock report released on Monday (09/30) caused the market to push higher and played a pivotal role in the uptrend in soybean market. USDA currently estimates 47.9 bpa and this year’s crop report looks better than it will yield, and USDA might start to reflect that in next Thursday’ Crop Production report.
A bull market is expected from both technical and fundamental sides in my opinion.
To access a free trial to the ALGOS shown in the chart ( DIAMONDS included) along with other tools, visit and sign up for a free trial for 21 days with real-time data.
Soybean Futures Specs Hours: 7:00 PM to 1:20 PM next day PM Central Time
Margins: $1925 initial, $1750 Maint. ( as of the date of this newsletter)
Point Value: full Cent = $50.00 ( Example: $8.60 to $8.61/bu ). Min fluctuation is 2/8ths of a cent = $12.50 ( Example: 8.60 -8.602)
Settlement: Deliverable, FND is last business day preceding the contract month Months: January (F), March (H), May (K), July (N), August (Q),September (U), November(X) Weekly Options: YES
The bean market has good volume and enough volatility that it can be traded intraday, swing trading, using options and more.
Some of the basic fundamentals to keep in mind when you are considering trading ZS ( Soybean)
1. Longer term view of current market prices
2. Dates and times of important reports. WASDE, Planting intentions, Crop progress
4. Global Political situation (food often used as a weapon in trade)
4. Dollar strength or lack of, Brazilian Real value
Our brokers here at Cannon will be happy to chat about the Bond market, other interest rate products, other futures, options, futures spreads and much more!
Feel free to contact us at any time.
Disclaimer: This calendar is compiled from
sources believed to be reliable. Moore Research Center, Inc.
assumes no responsibility for any errors or omissions. It is meant
as an alert to events that may affect trading strategies and is not
necessarily complete. The release dates for certain economic
reports may have been rescheduled.
* Please note that the information contained in this letter is intended for clients, prospective clients, and audiences who have a basic understanding, familiarity, and interest in the futures markets.
** The material contained in this letter is of opinion only and does not guarantee any profits. These are risky markets and only risk capital should be used. Past performances are not necessarily indicative of future results.
*** This is not a solicitation of any order to buy or sell, but a current market view provided by Cannon Trading Inc. Any statement of facts herein contained are derived from sources believed to be reliable, but are not guaranteed as to accuracy, nor they purport to be complete. No responsibility is assumed with respect to any such statement or with respect to any expression of opinion herein contained. Readers are urged to exercise their own judgment in trading!
RISK DISCLOSURE: Past results are not necessarily indicative of future results. The risk of loss in futures trading can be substantial, carefully consider the inherent risks of such an investment in light of your financial condition.