Deciphering FOMC: Navigating Market Volatility - Support & Resistance Levels

Support & Resistance Levels

This Blog provides futures market outlook for different commodities and futures trading markets, mostly stock index futures, as well as support and resistance levels for Crude Oil futures, Gold futures, Euro currency and others. At times the daily trading blog will include educational information about different aspects of commodity and futures trading.

Deciphering FOMC: Navigating Market Volatility

Get Real Time updates and more by joining our Private Facebook Group!
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel
Listen to our Market Recap Podcasts on Apple Podcasts

 

Trading chart

 

FOMC Week

By John Thorpe, Senior Broker

 

This week’s market moving features will be the closely watched with CPI pre market Wednesday and The FOMC meets Tomorrow and Wednesday.

The FOMC statement released at 1:00 CT on Wednesday will give a close read for any guidance in regard to the interest rate outlook.

This meeting will also be the release of the “Summary of Economic Projections” or SEP

The prior SEP was issued on March 20 and implied three rate cuts of 25 basis points later in 2024. Shortly after that, the data on inflation, the labor market, and economic growth made that projection out-of-date.

It is widely anticipated that the SEP will reduce the forecast for rate cuts to only one or two this year.

Powell’s prepared remarks regarding this rate decision will occur @1:30 CT.

Traders who are well informed know of the Interest Rate decision probabilities “Baked” into the market. They use the CME’s FedWatch tool.. as we do.

If you would like a personal tutorial, please call 800 454 9572 and simply ask for a fed watch tutorial!  The current probability of no rate movement up or down this week is 99.1 %.

If you are curious about the Next fed meeting in July? It’s currently @ 91.1 % probability of stay the same with an 8.9% chance of a .25 reduction.

From a trader’s standpoint, it’s fascinating to watch these percentages change intraday as new data, like the Wednesday CPI release, will undoubtedly change the percentage probabilities for all future FOMC rate decision meetings on the calendar.

Plan your trade and trade your plan

 

 

If you are a day trader, below you will see markets that our proprietary ALGO has identified as being more suitable for attacking either from the long side or the short side for the next trading session.

Questions? We are happy to help!

 

 

Daily Levels for June 11th, 2024

Economic Reports
provided by: ForexFactory.com
All times are Eastern Time ( New York)

Improve Your Trading Skills

Get access to proprietary indicators and trading methods, consult with an experienced broker at 1-800-454-9572.

Explore trading methods. Register Here

* This is not a solicitation of any order to buy or sell, but a current market view provided by Cannon Trading Inc. Any statement of facts here in contained are derived from sources believed to be reliable, but are not guaranteed as to accuracy, nor they purport to be complete. No responsibility is assumed with respect to any such statement or with respect to any expression of opinion herein contained. Readers are urged to exercise their own judgement in trading.

Click to rate this post!
[Total: 1 Average: 5]
Posted in: Commodity Brokers   | Commodity Trading   | Day Trading   | Economic Trading   | Future Trading News   | Futures Broker   | Futures Trading   | Trading Guide  

Trading Expertise As Featured In

Trading Tips You Can Use Right Away!


Watch 4 short videos on the topics of:
  • Using Bollinger Bands and Parabolics
  • Using range Bars for Day-Trading
  • The concept of Price Confirmation
  • How to Use Support & Resistance Levels
  • License 3 Broker at your Fingertips
Loading
Loading

Loading
Loading
Loading

Loading